1/04/2006

Hey, You Lookin' At Me?

One of my favorite places to visit in Quabbin Reservoir is the old apple orchard, as Dawn & I walked down the path we were followed into the orchard by 3 deer, and as we wandered about, 2 more joined the others. At one point I was taking photos of the birds I turned around and a young deer was about 3 feet from me, I think if I hadn't spooked it when I turned, it would have came right up to me.
After so many times visiting the orchard and wandering with the deer, I feel that each time is a special gift, and wouldn't trade in these moments for nothing!

7 Comments:

At January 04, 2006 1:08 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

That sounds wonderful. I guess bringing my dog when we go wouldn't be good idea after all.

 
At January 04, 2006 5:40 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

WOW, you captured this little one perfectly. And I do believe he would have come right up to us if we hadn't startled it.

 
At January 04, 2006 8:23 PM, Blogger Cool Daddio said...

That's awesome. One of things I'm loving about photoblog land is getting to share in these nature walks all about the world. Your little slice certainly seems wonderful.

 
At January 05, 2006 6:34 AM, Blogger John said...

So perfect, he looks so cute.

 
At January 05, 2006 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

did those deer think you were going to feed them? i can't imagine 3 moose following me around :)

 
At January 09, 2006 9:09 PM, Blogger ~K~ said...

Oh Wendy it is a wonderful peaceful place, you'd love it!!
Unfortuntely :-( I don't think dogs are allowed in the park area, which is only a small part of Quabbin.
If you visited outside the park all along the roads that follow the reservoir there's tons of places theat you could take your dog! :)

Hi Dawn, thanks! and I think your right bout that!! :)

Thanks Cool Daddio! I so agree, photoblog land has taken me to tons of places...showed me things through so many eyes...and even taught me how to see so much more with my eyes :)

Oh thanks John, he was a cutie! :)

Jamie, probably, folks bring food for them, it's really not allowed but they do it anyway.
I don't think I'd like moose following me either, but man, I'd love to grab a few shots from a safe distance :)

 
At January 10, 2006 3:09 PM, Blogger Leesa said...

Very sweet catch! My little young ones here come pretty close too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home