3/02/2006

Simply Spring : )

Over the past few days the forsythia branches that I cut & brought in have started to explode!!
So today, (one week from cutting them), I set up the camera, took a ton of shots, tried different angles, nothing seemed to be working...I was having trouble with the background...ugh!
Maybe because I was trying to: cook dinner-do laundry & take photos all at the same time (I'm not real great at multi-tasking, lol)
Soooo after way to many shots of the same bud, I finally chose to keep it simple by using a white sheet of paper as the background.
Dinner was a bit overdone...laundry...well, tomorrows another day!!

8 Comments:

At March 03, 2006 1:30 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

This is simply wonderful!! Truly .. it's simple ... so simple that it's captivating and breathtaking! Love it. And now, I'll be headed out to cut some forsythia! (you realize I copy almost everything you do!!!)

 
At March 03, 2006 4:57 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

This really is beautiful K, love how you can see the twist in the bud. Oh and by the way ~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~
Love Dawnzy:-)

 
At March 03, 2006 8:34 PM, Blogger Cool Daddio said...

Gorgeous. It seems to be glowing.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY... hopefully you're not cooking tonight :-)

 
At March 03, 2006 10:16 PM, Blogger ~K~ said...

Thanks Wendy! LOL, copy away!! I love sharing ideas! Plus, this is something I copied from my sister & am now sharing with all : )
---Now get those snippers out..I'm waiting for your photos!!!

Hi Dawn : ) Thanks!! ----And thanks again for the most wonderful Birthday gift! : )

Hi Cool Daddio, Thanks & thank you very much for the birthday wishes :)
I actually shouldn't be allowed in the kitchen ever, lol but a persons gotta eat & take-out gets expensive!!

 
At March 04, 2006 6:14 AM, Blogger John said...

Well worth the the time and effort and as you say the laundry can wait.

Happy Birthday

 
At March 04, 2006 9:58 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I didn't know. Fill us in on gifts!

 
At March 04, 2006 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no surer sign of spring's arrival than the blooming forsythia but I don't think it is fair to fool Mother Nature! Nice picture.

 
At March 05, 2006 8:09 PM, Blogger ~K~ said...

Hey Letmec, Thanks : )

Hi John, lol the laundry did wait! Thanks! : )

Aw thanks Wendy, I did try to keep it all hush-hush, lol but with the large family I have that's almost impossible to do :)

Hi Bob, Thanks! Oh no not fooling mother nature, just helping her a bit ; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home