7/21/2005

Sisters Common Bond


#1


#2
My sister started me on this photography journey & as the two of us venture out together or apart from each other we often find ourselves spotting the same things to take photos of, often at different angels. We've always been close so when this happens we just shake our heads and laugh :-)
So as it happened just this week, she took some shots of mushrooms on Sunday (which I didn't know of) & posted them on her photoblog & then on Monday I went out to visit some friends and took these shots!
It's seems sometimes that we have some sort of telepathic link, creepy, but kinda fun!! Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

At July 21, 2005 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How big is the mushroom in that top photo? If that is a fairly regular-sized mushroom, that shot is awesome! I mean, it's great anyway, but if it turns out to be a bit of an optical/perspective trick as well, that's a bonus. Anyway, nice!

 
At July 21, 2005 4:06 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Thats some cool fungus K, but it is getting kind of creepy about the same subjects! But I guess that goes along with being sisters.

 
At July 21, 2005 11:01 PM, Blogger ~K~ said...

Hi Rachel, Thanks!
The mushroom in the top photo is about 2 1/2 inches, fairly normal. It was growing atop a moss covered tree stump that was maybe 2 1/2 feet high, I think thats why the perspective is thrown off :-)
Hey Dawn, Thanks!
So what's next on your agenda.....oh you don't have to tell me, I'm sure I'll figure it out-LOL :-)

 
At July 22, 2005 12:04 AM, Blogger Leesa said...

Great shots...I think I'm going to have to check out the mushrooms on our property!

 
At July 22, 2005 3:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the perspective you chose. Great shot.
And the relationship you have have with your sister is pretty neat.

 
At July 22, 2005 11:58 AM, Blogger Rob Weaver said...

You clearly have a great eye for nature. I've enjoyed looking through all you posts, but I think these are my favourite - especially the second one.

 
At August 03, 2005 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the mushrooms. Very sweet story as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home