3/24/2006

Still Life

When I took this shot I was seeing it as it was, my pretty little vase with pretty little flowers, not thinking I would change a thing, but when I opened it in PS and started to do the basic processing I just wasn't feeling anything special about it, yup, just another bunch of flowers sitting in a vase...flat, boring, yuck!!
Turned it B&W, tweaked the black levels up a bit...felt it needed a slightly warmer tone, brightened the whites...yup now I'm feeling something! : )

8 Comments:

At March 25, 2006 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you did an awesome job auntie ~k~. I love the antique look to it, u show have to show me how to use PS.

 
At March 25, 2006 2:52 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Nice job! It's beautiful!

 
At March 26, 2006 2:53 AM, Blogger Cool Daddio said...

Definitely I'm feeling it too. Just perfect!

 
At March 30, 2006 6:40 PM, Blogger Leesa said...

LOVE it! Perfect :)

 
At March 31, 2006 5:35 PM, Blogger Jill said...

This does really well in b & w.

 
At March 31, 2006 7:09 PM, Blogger Nature Girl said...

This is spectacular...I just love it. Wow...I wish I had PS..you really do have a great eye for this stuff...
This looks like an old fashioned photo..love the wood behind the vase..it's just as interesting to me as the vase and flowers! Stacie

 
At April 01, 2006 12:42 PM, Blogger ~K~ said...

Thanks so much everyone!

 
At April 21, 2006 10:52 AM, Blogger MBrown said...

Absolutely wonderful!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home